be provided to you in order to maintain the terms and conditions as stated below apply on reservations of Chalet on the Rood. By means of a deposit, the tenant agrees to comply on said terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS CHALET ON THE ROOD
The Chalet will be made available to the tenant, and his/her travelling party, for the entire rental period. The tenant is not allowed to transfer the Chalet to another tenant, unless agreed upon by the owner.
Reservation and booking
The chalet can be booked through our website or an application can be filled out and send to us by e-mail. Both ways of inquiry are binding and will be finalized by a booking confirmation. When you book Chalet on the Rood, the following rules apply:
- Within 8 days of making the reservation, the tenant is obliged to transfer 25% of the rental fees to the owner. Once payment is received, the status of the Chalet will be changed from ‘Option’ to ‘Occupied’. When the tenant fails to transfer the 25% rental fees within 8 days of making the reservation, the owner remains the right to cancel the ‘Option’ without prior notice to the tenant and to keep the Chalet available for other tenants
- The remaining rental fees, tourist taxation and booking costs are to be transferred to the landlord no more than 8 weeks prior to the start of the rental period. The tenant will receive an invoice for the remainder of the rental fees. When the booking is made within 6 weeks to starting the rental period, the entire rental fees have to be transferred to the owner at once.
- Costs associated with cleaning, sheets and a deposit appear on the bill.
- The payment for the Chalet itself needs to be transferred through the bank account of the owner. Details are provided on the booking confirmation
Maximum number of tenants
The number of tenants as agreed upon in the booking cannot exceed the actual number of tenants in the Chalet during the period of reservation unless the owner grants permission for the exceeding number of tenants which will be accompanied by a surcharge per extra tenant. When the number of tenants exceeds the agreed upon number as per the reservation agreement, the owner or manager can deny entry to the additional tenant(s).
Rental price includes
Within the rental price of the chalet the usage of water, electricity and Wifi is included unless mentioned otherwise by the lowner. The owner urges the tenants to use the Chalets’ utilities wisely and to remind the tenants that upon leaving the Chalet the utilities are switched off. The sauna should, under no circumstances, be turned on when leaving the Chalet without at least one of the tenants present
Rental price does not include
- Sheets (bed, kitchen, linen, towels, bathrobe(s) and extra sauna towels) €15,00 per person
- Tourist taxation (from children age 15) €1,20 per person, per day
- Booking fee € 10050
- Deposit € 800,00
After inspection of the Chalet at the end of the rental period by the cleaning party the deposit will be returned to the tenant within 14 days upon approving the state of the Chalet when leaving.
When faced with damages concerning the Chalet, its belongings and/or surroundings the tenant is obliged to give notice to themanager by phone. The manager remains the right to collect the costs of negligence/damages on the deposit. The settlement of said damages will be handled by the manager. The owner cannot be held responsible for damages to the tenants belongings. Associated cost of damages can be recovered from travel insurance which the tenant needs to take out themselves.
- Up until 4 months prior to starting the rental period, cancellation will result in a loss of the down payment;
- Cancellation between 4 months and 8 weeks prior to starting the rental period will result in a loss of 50% of the total rental charges
- Cancellation within 8 weeks prior to starting the rental period will result in a loss of 100% of the rental charges
- When leaving the Chalet before the agreed upon date, full charges will apply and residual days will not be reimbursed
- Cancellation insurance are to be taken out at your own insurance company as the Chalet does not provide cancellation insurance.
Alteration costs while booking amount to €39,00. These costs are related to setting up new invoiced, changes with regards to linen and the alteration date for the cleaning party
Arrival day is Saturday unless agreed upon otherwise with the manager. Arrival is scheduled at 15:00 and departure is scheduled at 10:00. When given prior notice, guests are allowed to arrive at 11:00 at the Chalet. Guests are allowed to store their luggage in zone 1 (ski storage and sauna room) and change accordingly in order to enjoy the first day of holidays to full extend.
Travel information will be provided 3 weeks before departure if all payments have been fulfilled. Travel information will be provided by e-mail and contains: location of the Chalet, information concerning key pick-up and important phone numbers. When the tenant has not received travel information 2 weeks prior to departure, the tenant should reach out to Chalet on the Rood
- Pets are not allowed within the Chalet
- Smoking (also by means of devices such as Shisha pipes) is strictly prohibited inside the Chalet. Smoking is allowed outside on the deck. Ashes are to be left within the ashtrays which are to be cleaned upon departure
- Deep-frying is not allowed in and around the Chalet. Associated damages will be paid from the deposit and additional damages are to be recovered from the tenants
- Ski’s, ski shoes, snowboard shoes and winter shoes are to be stalled in the ski room and are not allowed inside other rooms of the Chalet.
- House rules are present inside the Chalet and are to be read and followed by all staying in the Chalet
- Garbage separation is a serious matter in Austria and Chalet on the Rood complies with these standards. The Austrian government enforces firm supervision on garbage separation and it remains the tenants responsibility to align with the regulations of the Austrian government. The Chalet will provide you with further details on this aspect
- The tenant is required to leave the kitchen and all its accessories clean upon leaving the Chalet. Additional charges related to cleaning and/or misusing kitchen equipment will be at the tenant’ expense
- (Fire)damages related to candles will be recovered at the tenants’ expense
- Usage of fireworks in and around the Chalet is strictly prohibited. Accompanying costs will be recovered at the tenants’ expense
Chalet on the Rood is not liable for:
- Theft, loss or damages, of any kind, to the belongings of the tenant(s) during the stay at Chalet on the Rood
- Disfunction of technical equipment and/or Wifi
- Any physical harm during your stay inside or outside the Chalet
The tenant is liable for any damages to the Chalet and its inventory, regardless whether this is caused by negligence of the tenant(s) or others who are in and around the Chalet with permission of the tenant(s).
In the event of possible construction activities related to roadworks and/or construction activities in the area of the Chalet, the landlord is not liable for the accompanying nuisance, if the Chalet is not responsible for said nuisance.
Despite all the good intentions from Chalet on the Rood it is possible that you have complaint. In emergency situation you can directly call the manager. The Chalet expects that a reasonable solution can your holiday pleasure at a high.