The terms and conditions as stated below apply on reservations of Chalet on the Rood and apartment Smitten. By means of a
deposit, the tenant agrees to comply on said terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
CHALET ON THE ROOD und APARTMENT SMITTEN
The rental property will be made available to the tenant, and his/her travelling party, for the entire rental period. The tenant is not allowed to transfer the rental property to another tenant, unless agreed upon by the owner.
Reservation and booking
The chalet ans apartment can be booked through our website or an application can be filled out and send to us by e-mail. Both ways of inquiry are binding and will be finalized by a booking confirmation. When you book Chalet on the Rood or apartment Smitten, the following rules apply:
- Within 5 days of making the reservation, the tenant is obliged to transfer 25% of the rental fees to the owner. Once payment is received, the status of the rental property will be changed from ‘Option’ to ‘Occupied’. When the tenant fails to transfer the 25% rental fees within 5 days of making the reservation, the owner remains the right to cancel the ‘Option’ without prior notice to the tenant and to keep the rental property available for other tenants
- The remaining rental fees, tourist taxation and bail are to be transferred to the landlord no more than 8 weeks prior to the start of the rental period. The tenant will receive an invoice for the remainder of the rental fees. When the booking is made within 6 weeks to starting the rental period, the entire rental fees have to be transferred to the owner at once.
- The payment for the rental property itself needs to be transferred through the bank account of the owner. Details are provided on the booking confirmation
Maximum number of tenants
The number of tenants as agreed upon in the booking cannot exceed the actual number of tenants in the rental property during the period of reservation unless the owner grants permission for the exceeding number of tenants which will be accompanied by a surcharge per extra tenant. When the number of tenants exceeds the agreed upon number as per the reservation agreement, the owner or manager can deny entry to the additional tenant(s).
Unused rooms can be locked. It is forbidden to use the unmade beds without bed linen.
If your travel group for Chalet on the Rood consists of fewer than 16 people, you can specify a preference, which rooms and/or beds you do and do not want to use. If you do not specify a preference, the cleaner makes the layout herself. This in connection with that your bed is made for you on arrival.
Rental price includes
Within the rental price of the rental property the end cleaning , linen package for the number of booked persons and usage of water, electricity and Wifi is included unless mentioned otherwise by the owner. The owner urges the tenants to use the rental property utilities wisely and to remind the tenants that upon leaving the rental property the utilities are switched off. The sauna in Chalet on the Rood should, under no circumstances, be turned on when leaving the Chalet without at least one of the tenants present
Rental price does not include
- Tourist taxation (from children age 15) €1,20 per person, per day
- Deposit € 800,00 Chalet on the Rood
- Deposit € 300,00 Apartment Smitten
After inspection of the rental property at the end of the rental period by the cleaning party the deposit will be returned to the tenant within 14 days upon approving the state of the rental property when leaving.
When faced with damages concerning the rental property, its belongings and/or surroundings the tenant is obliged to give notice to us by phone. We remain the right to collect the costs of negligence/damages on the deposit. The settlement of said damages will be handled by our manager. The owner cannot be held responsible for damages to the tenants belongings. Associated cost of damages can be recovered from travel insurance which the tenant needs to take out themselves.
The (main)tenant has the right to cancel a booking, without cost, in the following circumstances (excluding the € 150,00 administration costs)
Within seven days of making the booking, unless the arrival date for the stay at the chalet is within one month
Within three days before the arrival date at the Chalet, by COVID-19
- .When the government from the (main)tenants home country issues negative travel advice for the region of Zell am See Kaprun
- When the whole travel party is unable to travel to Austria and the Zell am See Kaprun region due to negative travel advice from the Austrian government
- The tenant has the right to a refund for days cut short during their holiday at Chalet on the Rood (excluding additional costs) only if the Austrian government insists that all tourist leave the region due to COVID-19 measures.
Due to cancellation caused by COVID-19 we are happy to send you a voucher for the following year, but understand if you would prefer a refund at this time.
In any other circumstances the tenant has the right to cancellation by sending a written cancellation notice to the landlord and the following cancellation costs will be incurred:
- Up until 6 months prior to the start date of the rental period, cancellation will result in a loss of the down payment;
- Cancellation between 6 months and 4 months prior to the start date of the rental period will result in a loss of 50% of the total rental charges
- Cancellation between 4 months and 8 weeks prior to the start date of the rental period will result in a loss of 80% of the total rental charges
- Cancellation within 8 weeks prior to the start date of the rental period will result in a loss of 100% of the rental charges
- When leaving the rental property before the agreed upon date, full charges will apply and residual days will not be reimbursed
Cancellation insurance should be taken out by your own insurance company as
we do not provide cancellation insurance.
Alteration costs while booking amount to €45,00. These costs are related to setting up new invoiced, changes with regards to linen and the alteration date for the cleaning party
Arrival day is Saturday unless agreed upon otherwise with the manager. Arrival is scheduled at 15:00 and departure is scheduled at 10:00. When given prior notice, guests are allowed to arrive at 11:00 at the Chalet. Guests are allowed to store their luggage in ski storage and change accordingly in order to enjoy the first day of holidays to full extend. Apartment Smitten you can storage your luggage under the Carport. The rental property will be ready for you at 15.00.
Travel information will be provided 3 weeks before departure if all payments have been fulfilled. Travel information will be provided by e-mail and contains: location of the rental propeerty, information concerning key pick-up and important phone numbers. When the tenant has not received travel information 2 weeks prior to departure, the tenant should reach out to us.
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking (also by means of devices such as Shisha pipes) is strictly prohibited inside the the rental property. Smoking is allowed outside on the deck. Ashes are to be left within the ashtrays which are to be cleaned upon departure
- Deep-frying is not allowed in and around the rental property. Associated damages will be paid from the deposit and additional damages are to be recovered from the tenants
- Ski’s, ski shoes, snowboard shoes and winter shoes are to be stalled in the ski room or be placed at the designated place and are not allowed inside other rooms of the rental property.
- House rules are present inside the rental property and are to be read and followed by all stay there.
- Garbage separation is a serious matter in Austria. The Austrian government enforces firm supervision on garbage separation and it remains the tenants responsibility to align with the regulations of the Austrian government. The manager will provide you with further details on this aspect
- The tenant is required to leave the kitchen and all its accessories clean upon leaving the rental property. Additional charges related to cleaning and/or misusing kitchen equipment will be at the tenant’ expense
- (Fire)damages related to candles will be recovered at the tenants’ expense
- Usage of fireworks in and around the rental property is strictly prohibited. Accompanying costs will be recovered at the tenants’ expense
We arenot liable for:
- Theft, loss or damages, of any kind, to the belongings of the tenant(s) during the stay at the rental property
- Disfunction of technical equipment and/or Wifi
- Any physical harm during your stay inside or outside the rental property
The tenant is liable for any damages to the rental property and its inventory, regardless whether this is caused by negligence of the tenant(s) or others who are in and around the property with permission of the tenant(s).
In the event of possible construction activities related to roadworks and/or construction activities in the area of the rental property, the landlord is not liable for the accompanying nuisance, if the rental property is not responsible for said nuisance.
Despite all the good intentions from rental propertyit is possible that you have complaint. In emergency situation you can directly call the manager. We expects that a reasonable solution can your holiday pleasure at a high.
Our rental property is only intended for recreational stay. Only you and the other guests that you specify when booking have access to the rental propertyt with the stay confirmation. Organizing parties, events or gatherings with other persons is not allowed. Groups of young people up to 25 years of age are therefore not allowed here. A booking contrary to the above will be canceled by us and the cancellation costs and any (cleaning) costs will be charged to you.